Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is there something in the water in Logan?

Antiques and amore' seem to go hand in hand up in Logan.  About a month ago, I was in the Browse Around Antiques Mall, and there was a lovestruck customer inquiring about video taping a proposal to his prospective bride.  It seems they had met at Browse Around, and now spent much of their time hanging out there (presumably in the darker nooks & cranny's). 

Now, Greg & Bettie Marble of Browse Around and Connie Tibbits of About Time Antiques Mall are having a joint promotion in October, called "Friday date night".


The promotion is simple; using the tag "life is sweeter with 2 straws", every Friday night during October, the shops will set the mood with a little romantic music, and some refreshments, and each couple that makes a purchase will get 2 straws, and a gift certificate for a malt at a local ice cream establishment.  Sounds perfectly love-ly to me. I know 3 things, I can get a date, I'll have no trouble finding an antique I want to buy, and Lyn and I can kill a malt with 2 straws without breaking a sweat.

Looks like I'll be heading up to Logan one Friday in October, see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment