Sunday, September 25, 2011

Whose gonna spring for this?

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that there should always be somewhere to get your daily antiques fix.  Especially on Sunday, as many view antiquing as more of a religion than hobby.  Included in the first group,  I found myself nosing around Expressive Bungalows Sunday outdoor market.  It was a great day for shopping, pleasantly warm and sunny, it seemed more like spring than fall.


What makes Expressive Bungalow owner Nancy Blaney's market a bit different, are the extras.  The mood is festive, and you can not only feed your soul with a little shopping, but also feed your mind & body with some terrific food & music.



Since she had spent the night, we decided to take my grand daughter Sarah Lyn to the sale with us.   Named for my wife,  it didn't take long to discover that she would be following in her grandmothers footsteps.  Lyn,  working her way towards Nirvana, meandered from booth to booth looking for religious artifacts,  and,  I noticed Sarah Lyn following along, working the sale like an expert. I'm sure that one of these days, this pair  is going to be more than I can handle.

Here's Lyn giving my grand daughter a few tips on how to make the deal.


And here's my favorite shot of the day.   Lyn discovering  that there are consequences to taking someone shopping.  She looked at me, but I shrugged it off, and went for something to eat.


All in all,  a great morning.  Food, music and shopping,  all on my wife's dime.  Now, I'm in Nirvana!  The best news is that Nancy's planning another outdoor market on Saturday October 22.  Drop by and join the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment